Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ten experiences, I want from Melbourne, Australia~

We visited Australia in the summer of 2009. Indian summer, that is. We traveled through Brisbane, Gold Coast, Cains and Sydney. There is no words to describe the experience. It was like watching a Hollywood film, like a living in a dream, like eating an ice cream. Yes, that good :)

If there is place on earth where I would like to grow old and retire, it's Australia. In all this, the sad part is, we could not visit Melbourne. It was winter in Australia and Melbourne was out of reach. I regret, missing out on Melbourne and wait for the day, when someone will tell me, '...it's your time to visit Melbourne NOW!'

Here is a quick list of 10 experiences, I want from Melbourne, Australia...


Experience 1: I want to bask in the architectural splendor and in the old world charm of Melbourne. I want to revel in it's laid back life style and natural environment. I want to be enchanted by Melbourne magic, linger on every city-scape and succumb to it's grandeur.

I want to visit the post office, the railway station and the university too. I want to look in every pub and raise a toast to all my friends back home in India.



                                                                                                                            Experience 2: On the contrary, I also want my adrenaline to rush by going sporty. There is so much to choose from. I can go surfing or para sailing. I can go fishing or Scuba diving. Or I can settle for snorkeling: something that I have done before and am more comfortable doing.

Deep sea diving would be fun too. I would like to get wet and wild. It would be fun to try all kinds of sport with professional guidance, where safety would be top priority.




Experience 3: Nature. That one word is enough to make me excited. I want to experience open air zoo and wild animal parks. I want to see dolphins dancing and animal shows. I want to touch and communicate with a baby python or rare parrot. I want to be a crocodile dundee for a day. I want to camp in an animal farm or lend a hand in feeding animals. I want to merge with nature and be part of it like never before.


Experience 4: I want to visit an island, walk around randomly and explore the environment. I want to fly and feel free. I want to feel the sand under my feet and touch the blue sea water. I want to swim along the waves or get my pedicure done on the beach.

I want nature to know me as a fish, okay make that mermaid. I want to be a kid again and play in the lap of mother nature.





Experience 5: I want to jump into a nerve racking roller coaster and slid down hell to experience heaven like fun. I want to go mad for a day and lose myself in a theme park. I want to try every ride there is and click pictures doing it.

I want a day living in a fairy land and behave like a witch. I want to scream and shout. I want to be just me. I want to laugh like no one is watching me...


Experience 6: I could just say fish and chips but Doughnut is not a bad deal either. I want to to sit in a road side open umbrella coffee shop, to relish local cousin. Or I want to hop on a SUV from eateries to coffee shops. I want to eat like a buffalo.

When I am done, I want to watch people pass me by. I want to smile at kids and wave at ladies. I want to sip my coffee and rest my feet in a spa.


Experience 7: Shopping. I would like to pick up a Kangaroo soft toy or a Koala teddy. There are an array of products to choose from. However, it has to be 'proud to be made in Australia' product.

This is where I officially go crazy. I spend hours deciding on which one, I like best. And end up buying more than I can afford. I want one soft toy for all my friends.


Experience 8: I want to meet the lonesome Aboriginal singer belting out soulful music. I often wonder about him. I wonder, where he lives, with whom he lives. Is he as lonely as he sounds or he has his own kids to play with? I want to be his friend.

How to miss out on the Aboriginal painting that you see adorning many art shops. I would like to bring one home. I mean the painting and not an Aboriginal fellow :p




Experience 9: The sea. There is something about sea and their beaches that makes me romantic. A beach side dinner on a cruise will be an ultimate dream come true, with Mel Gibson of course.

A late evening stroll can be equally engaging. I am up for either or both. What do you say?




Experience 10: Great ocean road, this is my top reason to visit Melbourne. There is so much history around it that I long to spend a day here. Great ocean road is where, I want to pick a stone and throw into the sea. Here is where, I want to sit under a shade and write a poem. Here is where, I want to be, when my trip ends. Here is where, I want to leave my heart in Melbourne...


A tip off: When you are visiting Melbourne/Australia look out for City Tourist Shuttle. It is a free bus service for tourists to go to key destinations around the city. (Between 9.30am and 4.30pm daily). This helps a back packer save a lot of money.
Do check out : Melbourne/Australia
This is a contest entry. If you liked my post vote for me on Indieblogger website.

Note: All the pictures are from our trip to Australia in 2009.

74 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely. Australia is my wish list too along with NZ. Lovely pics and hope you get to go to Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rachna,


      Australia has so much to offer that we could not go to NZ.
      Our friends with who we were travelling went on but we decided to
      stay back in Australia and went on to Sydney. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Why so late for the post? You are very active on indivine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Satya,

      Well, there are many reasons but the first one being
      wedding in the family. I also need a fresh mind to write
      for this one.
      I have been to Australia, and needed to write
      something personal on the theme. Thanks and keep visiting my space :)

      Delete
  3. Nicely written with images.

    You missed the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix race which happens at the starting of the season in march. If I were to visit Melbourne, then it would be for F1 or to a nearby wilderness area.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indiawilds,

      I am not into Racing. So if I miss it, I
      would not be sorry. I would rather go sailing
      or cycling.

      As for , visiting wilderness in Melbourne, I am game. Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful Pics and an impressive wishlist too..wish u all the luck..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ranita,

      If wishes were horses, bloggers would ride :p
      Thanks for your wishes, hugs to you gal :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Looks like you had a great time when you visited Australia last time around. Lovely pictures. :) I hope you get to see Melbourne also this time. All the very best for the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Akshay,

      Yes, Australia trip was awesome. I seriously loved the place.
      I do not know, if they would want to send me there for a second time.

      But, I could not help being honest about my first trip.
      Thanks, I always appreciate your presence. God bless :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds good!! May your dreams come true!!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magic,

      Amen to that..! I would be great if all of us go together.
      What fun, imagine a paid bloggers meet in Australia :)

      Thanks~

      Delete
  7. All the luck Ghazala :) the pictures tell a story here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Goingby,

      I am glad you took note of my pictures.
      Yes, those were fun filled days. Thanks :)

      Delete
  8. I like the clear cut approach you have taken to articulate your wishes based on past eperiences.Nice read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gyanban,


      Well, Australia is an experience, I would like to repeat :p
      Thanks, I really appreciate your candid comment :)

      Delete
  9. Ah, That's one place I want to visit too. Apart from Kashmir that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aditya,

      Melbourne is beautiful, so is Kashmir :)
      Thank you for being here~

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Dear Jaish,

      It is such a pleasure to see you here.
      Thanks and glad you liked the last one.
      Great Ocean Road is on top of my list :))

      Delete
  11. Wish your dreams are fulfilled Ghazala to see Melbourne:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rahul,


      Thank you Rahul..! Keeping my fingers crossed and passport ready :)

      Delete
  12. I loved your entry, Ghazala! The personal pictures added a unique beauty to your simple yet so beautiful and charming post! Thumbs up for it and All the very best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Arti,

      I love the positivity you bring.
      Thanks for your thumbs up..!!

      Delete
  13. damn good .....loved the post , all the bestttttttttt for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Vinisha,

      Good to see you. Thank you for your wishes :)

      Delete
  14. A wonderful post, Ghazala, with great reasons and nice pics:)
    Reasons 2&3 would be the biggest if I were to go!
    Thoroughly enjoyed through your post even without going:) Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amit,


      These are my personal reasons. They may not be
      the best of reasons but I did write this DIL SE :)

      Thanks ~

      Delete
    2. hey.. when did I say they were not the best? I only said 2nd and 3rd would sit atop the list in my case! Rest 8 are great too, ma'am:)

      Delete
    3. Amit,

      Notice the smile at the end, did not mean to upset you.
      You know, I almost wrote 'wish you a Melbourne trip.
      And then deleted...LOL

      Please, I meant no offense, was just sharing my thought process.
      Thanks for coming back and sorry if I confused you :))

      Delete
    4. ..nahi Ghazala, neither am I upset, nor offended, nor confused at all:)
      This dialogue between us in fact is giving me more opportunities to read your post again:)
      Wish you had not deleted that wish:):D

      Delete
    5. Amit,

      Wish is deleted here but a wish is a wish, so it lives :)
      Thanks for clarifying, I really appreciate it ~

      Delete
  15. Very crisp read, and it certainly makes one want to be right there in those photographs!! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nirvana,

      Welcome to my space, happy to have met you here :)
      Thank you so very much for reading me.

      Delete
  16. Hello Sridhar,


    That would be perfect timing as Jan means summer in Australia.
    Wish you a wonderful trip, I am sure you will. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you win the contest & fulfill your dreams,it was nice to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Indu,

      You are so sweet. Thanks for your wishes.
      Glad you enjoyed my pictures :))

      Delete
  18. Dear Ghaz...
    May Almighty fulfill all your dreams..and hope this post gives new hopes n opens new horizons for you...:)))
    But, do take me along...you get two tickets, right? LOL...
    Liked the blog sooo much...
    All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Panchalidi,

      For sure, we will go together..! Let me
      first win :))

      You are a big support, I love you for that <3.

      Delete
  19. Very nice post. I was wondering what to write, and didn't participate; until yours came by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anupama,


      So, you mean you have participated now?
      Well, in that case, best of luck, gal..!
      Will definitely check your post:)

      Thank you, am happy that I could inspire you to write ~

      Delete
  20. this is making me want to go there again .. sooon


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bikram,


      So, you been there? How nice..!
      We have something common. Thanks :)

      Delete
  21. Nice list of your wishes & what would be more fun for a writer than being under the shades of nature while writing her muses :)

    Also, thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear gayatri,

      I am happy that you took note of the tip.
      City tourist Shuttle is an excellent service.
      It help you save some shopping money :)

      Thanks and hope to see you again soon~

      Delete
  22. Wow! Another nice post and with personal pictures it became an awesome post! :) Loved the way you weaved the experiences you had with your wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Punit,

      I love your travel post. You put so much of your heart in it.
      I am so pleased that you found this awesome. Australia is an
      awesome place. So my post on it had to be awesome too :))

      Thanks~

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Hello Balu,

      Good to see you. In fact great to see you.
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  24. This is better than my dream tour of Melbourne.. Wonderful post. Good luck for the contest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rayyan,

      You are generous..! Thank you so much.
      I am humbled and you keep that passport ready.
      Who knows, I loved your post equally.

      Thanks always.

      Delete
  25. And I want to travel there with you! Wonderful post, you really understand the art of traveling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rukhsana,

      I have a Bhabi by your name :)
      Thank you for such a sweet feedback.
      I wish, we both win and travel together to Melbourne, Australia.

      That would be some experience~

      Delete
  26. Entycing tour very well picturized. Tempting destination.
    Best wishes for Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promod ji,

      Seeing you on my space after ages. Hope you doing good.
      Yes, Melbourne is 'the' destination for tourist :)

      Thanks for your wishes~

      Delete
  27. Wow.. lovely and the pics make it lovelier..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Manuju,

      Hugsss. Thank you for your compliments :)

      Delete
  28. This is a lovely post with great arrangement of text and pictures that have blended so well, not to mention the amazing write-up you have put there. Wish you all the best for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Farida,

      Coming from you, who I consider a great soul, I am so thrilled..!!
      Thank yo for all your wishes :)

      Delete
  29. Here's wishing that the 10 experiences you seek in Melbourne come true. All the best Ghazala.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sudhagee,

      You are such a prolific writer. Thank you for your wishes :)

      Delete
  30. Hey Ghazala,

    Thanks for the post, you reminded me of my visit to Oz back in April 2010.
    Keep writing and wish you luck.

    Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Saquib,


      You are welcome..! I am happy, happy memories came back to you.
      Travelling is the best way to generate memories and Australia is
      one such memory for me, full of excitement and energy. Thanks :)

      Delete
  31. Fabulous and rightfully the topper.........ab Melbourne ke photos ke liye jagah bana do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Vinita,


      I am glad this one is appreciated. I still remember, when no body read my posts
      on blogger..LOL

      Thanks and ah! Melbourne, here I come :)

      Delete
  32. Fantabulous post with all electrifying pictures...
    All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Jasmeet,


      Holidays get over, pictures remain...
      And Australia has given us a lot of happy pictures.
      Thank you for your electrifying comment :D

      Delete
  33. Great post, I've lived in Melbourne and Sydney and now live in Brisbane... and you've reminded me of all the things I should be experiencing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Charmaine,

      Thank you so much. That is a real compliment.
      You are so lucky to be living in Australia.
      I love everything about it.

      Such good looking people and such a beautiful place.
      Wish, I could go there again soon~

      Delete
  34. You are gonna win Ghazala,very well written..and you are on the top too on the indivine list ;)..aboriginals and home was funny he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ankita,

      Well, winning is not in our hand. Dreaming is :))
      Thank you for enjoying my aboriginal wish..!
      I really, wonder about them. There voice is full
      of soul. Thank :D

      Delete
  35. Ah! So you've already been there, done that, so to say. A nice post with lovely pictures that weren't taken from some travel site... only thing that I really did not understand is why limit your 'experiences' to ten... or why give it a number at all?

    Arvind Passey
    www.passey.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arvind ji,

      We have not been to Melbourne. It was on our agenda but somehow did not happen.
      Not that if we had been there, I would miss a chance to go there again. *Smiles*

      And given that the winner will get a four nights stay, top ten experiences should
      help me plan accordingly. And if you notice, each experience that I have mentioned has multiple experiences bundled together.

      Thanks,I appreciate your time :D

      Delete
  36. Lovely post and your Pictures give a depth to your post.Isnt it always amazing to look back on the pictures and relive those moments. They also make you yearn for those experiences and that time again. Best of luck for the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete